Now Reading
Did a Woman’s iPhone Electrocute Her?

Did a Woman’s iPhone Electrocute Her?

There are allegations coming out of China that a young woman was electrocuted by her iPhone 5 at the time of her sad death last week. Ma Ailun, a 23-year-old China Southern Airlines flight attendant, was making wedding plans on a charging iPhone when, allegedly, she was fatally shocked. Experts say that an iPhone does not, by itself, have enough charge to harm a person, but a flaw in the charger could theoretically boost the charge to lethal proportions. Apple has promised to thoroughly investigate the claim, and the Atlantic Wire has rounded up a list of possible explanations …

View Comments (2)

Leave a Reply

© 2023 RELEVANT Media Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top

You’re reading our ad-supported experience

For our premium ad-free experience, including exclusive podcasts, issues and more, subscribe to

Plans start as low as $2.50/mo