Now Reading
Burnt Easy Mac Causes Evacuation of Iowa Capitol Building

Burnt Easy Mac Causes Evacuation of Iowa Capitol Building

Apparently, the microwave instructions for Easy Mac were not easy enough for someone working in the Iowa State Capitol building. The building was evacuated Monday morning after an emergency smoke alarm went off. As it turned out, the source of the smoke was just some Easy Mac burning in a microwave behind the senate chamber. No one was hurt (except maybe the pride and empty stomach of whoever had to forgo their extremely burnt mac and cheese lunch). However, as Mashable points out, “it eerily echoes a 2012 incident when the Iowa State Daily offices in Ames, Iowa, were evacuated after a cup of noodles smoked in the microwave.” Maybe people in Iowa should just start packing salads for lunch instead …

View Comments (0)

Leave a Reply

© 2023 RELEVANT Media Group, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Scroll To Top

You’re reading our ad-supported experience

For our premium ad-free experience, including exclusive podcasts, issues and more, subscribe to

Plans start as low as $2.50/mo