ISIS Promises to Keep Attacking Egypt’s Coptic Christians in a New Video

Egypt’s branch of the Islamic State released a video Monday promising to continue attacking Christians there.

In December a suicide bomber attacked a Christian church, killing 28 and injuring dozens more. The 20-minute video features footage of that attack, saying it was “only the beginning.” The narrator also says that Coptic Christians are ISIS’ “favorite prey.”

See Also

The video shows Christian leaders talking about how unsafe conditions have become—asking for protection for Christians, who are only 10 percent of the population, or speaking about Muslims derogatorily. The narrator also calls Christians “infidels” and says that they are no longer part of the class of people who get state protection.

According to ABC News, in just the last month, three Christians were killed in drive-by shootings.

View Comment (1)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

Scroll To Top