Any blog readers in Waco, Texas? If so, I’m speaking this weekend at an event for First Baptist Woodway‘s college ministry, Sunday (Oct. 21) and Monday (Oct. 22) nights at 7:30 p.m. Baylor students? You’re invited. If you show up, come tell me you heard about it on ye olde Releblog.
Andrew Osenga‘s got a fun series going: Top 5 lists.
Here are his Top 5 Songs for Autumn.
It’s blatant thievery, but I love lists. So to be all original and everything, I’ll compose a Top 6. Thanks, Andrew!
Top 6 Television Stars I Had Childhood Crushes On
1. Dana Plato (Kimberly from “Diff’rent Strokes,” before all the drug use and debauchery.)
2. Alyssa Milano (Samantha Miceli from “Who’s the Boss?” I’ve always been a fan of really dark eyebrows.)
3. Kirstie Alley (Rebecca Howe on “Cheers.” This is unconventional, I know, but I stand by it.)
4. Nicole Eggert (Jamie Powell on “Charles in Charge,” before she joined the cast of “Baywatch.”)
5. Lisa Bonet (Denise Huxtable from “The Cosby Show,” especially after she got all funky. Maybe it was the dreads?)
6. Carrie Fisher (Princess Leia. Not from TV, and not the most creative of choices, but I’m pretty sure no further justification is needed here.)
Yes, I realize I’m old, and the childhood crushes of most Relevant readers will likely be more recent, like the cast of “Friends” and/or Jennifer Garner. But anyway, those are mine. Who were your childhood TV crushes? Spill it.
(Note: This is open to both male and female readers.)