Please drop us an email with any questions, comments or issues you are experiencing with the RELEVANT Magazine App.
Issues for Print Subscribers
Q: If I am a print subscriber, how do I get my free digital issues?
- Subscribers who have purchased a Combo, Print + iPad or iPad Only subscription can download current issues on the RELEVANT tablet edition by going to the “My Account” tab at the bottom of the app interface. When you select that tab, a window will show up with a login screen. You will need to enter subscriber information found on your address label to create an account, or login with your current RELEVANTMagazine.com account. Once your subscriber status has been verified with our database, you will be granted access to download the current issues of RELEVANT.
Q: How do I know when a new issue is available?
- If you enable push notifications for RELEVANT under your iPad’s settings, we will send you a notification when a new issue is available. You may also go into the in-app store by pressing and holding your finger on the screen and tapping “Library,” then selecting the issue you would like to download.
Purchasing Single Issues and iPad Subscriptions
Q: How do I buy more issues?
- Press and hold your finger on the screen to bring up the menu bar. Tap the “Store” button to open the issue directory and to access the in-app store, where you can subscribe to the magazine and buy single issues. Tap the price, confirm your purchase and the issue will appear in your library. There you can tap the arrow to download it.
Q: How do iTunes-purchased subscriptions work?
- If you purchase a subscription through the in-app store, that entitles you to download every issue for the next year. If you enable push notifications for the app, we will let you know when a new issue is out. It will appear automatically in your library, and you can click the arrow to download.
Q: How do I know when a new issue is available?
- If you enable push notifications for RELEVANT under your iPad’s settings, we will send you a notification when a new issue is available. You may also go into the in-app store by pressing and holding your finger on the screen and tapping “Store,” then selecting the issue you would like to purchase.
Q: How do I cancel my subscription or get a refund?
- Per Section A of the iTunes Store Terms and Conditions, all sales are final on the App Store.
Q: How do I turn off auto-renew?
- Subscriptions purchased in iTunes automatically renew at the end of the term, at the same price, unless you choose to disable the renewal. You can do so by opening the App Store on your iPad, scrolling to the bottom of the home screen, and clicking on the “Account” button, then the “Manage App Subscriptions” button. There you can turn off auto-renewal.
Q: If I choose to share my information with you when I subscribe, what happens to it?
- If you choose to share with us your name, email and zip code, we will use that data to send you special offers on RELEVANT magazine and other RELEVANT Media Group magazines and media that we think you will enjoy.
Q: Can I transfer my digital subscription to another device?
- For non print subscribers you can access any paid issues of RELEVANT that you have downloaded on any iPad provided that the iPad has the same iTunes account on it. You can hit the “Missing Issues?” button if the issues do not appear in your Library. Print subscribers will be able to log in with subscriber info to download an issue. Each issue of RELEVANT can be downloaded on a maximum of three devices per issue period. If you have exceeded that usage allotment due to purchases and/or replacements of your tablet device, please contact email@example.com to request additional access authorization.
Q: I don’t see the issues I’ve purchased or downloaded before.
- If the issues you’ve purchased are not in your issues list in the app, first make sure you’re on the same iTunes account you originally purchased the issues with. If so, hit the “Library” button in the menu bar, which should bring up a “Missing Issues?” button at the top left of the screen. Select “Restore” to re-download all issues you’re entitled to. If you have recently upgraded to iOS6, your iPad’s cache has been cleared and you will need to download your issues again. If the restore all function is not working, please make sure to verify that you have in app purchases enabled. Go to “Settings” then “Restrictions” then check to make sure that in app purchases are enabled. If they are not enabled, please enable them and repeat the restore all procedure. If this does not correct the problem, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: My issue is stuck at the “Processing” stage—what do I do?
- This happens occasionally when the iPad interrupts the processing of the issue. Typically, restarting the app will resolve the issue. If not, you can always delete and reinstall the app. You will never have to pay again for something you’ve already purchased, as long as you’re on the same iTunes account. On reinstall, you’ll see a box asking if you wish to restore all purchases—click “Yes.” If you miss that box, just tap “Missing Issues?” in the Library tab to get back access to all previously purchased issues and subscriptions.
Q: My issue looks like pages are not fully loading.
- On rare occasions a downloaded issue may be affected by fluctuations in connectivity during the download and the file may contain minor corruptions. Deleting the issue and re-downloading it should fix the problem. You can re-download any issue that you have purchased. To delete an issue, simply go to your Library and hit the “Archive” button, located by each issue. To download the issue again, simply select it from the Library tab.
Q: I don’t hear any audio playing in the videos?
- The RELEVANT app uses the iPad system audio controls. Some users may have their system audio controls set to mute. With the RELEVANT app, double-tap the home button down. A list of open apps will show up in a bar at the base of the screen. Swipe that screen to the left to reveal the system audio controls. Make sure “Mute” is not turned on. Hit the home button again to return to the app.
Q: How do I delete an issue?
- In your Library, you’ll see a button by each issue that says “Archive.” Tap this button, and the issue will be removed from your Library. You can always re-download issues again later at no charge. (Please note that free issues and previews may not be available for download at later dates.)