When a blogger starts their journey, they think that thinking of a topic is easy, but knowing how to start a blog is hard. But the truth is that you will knock off the technical part of starting a new blog in only 20 thirty minutes. If you have never created a website before, you may be wondering how long it will take you to build your first blog. Well, as with most other aspects of your life, the answer is "not much." However, when you are first beginning, you will need some help in the beginning stages.
How to Start a Blog - Getting started
Some of the important stuff you need to take care of while you are starting a blog is mentioned below.
- The most important thing you need in the beginning stages is a platform. I always recommend a WordPress blog dashboard if you have a question about how to start a blog. It is very user-friendly and has a lot of plugins available that will help you. WordPress has a great dashboard you can use, but you can also add new plugins if you want.
- One plugin that I highly recommend is Yoast SEO. This plugin will automatically optimize your post by using specific keywords and creating beautiful rich media results for your posts.
- The final step you need to take before you learn how to start a blog is registering your domain name. I would suggest that you choose a.com as your main domain, especially if you intend to sell products or offer services with your blog. Bluehost is one of the cheapest options when it comes to getting a.com name. You can also try GoDaddy or HostGator. These are two of the more popular options. After registering your domain name, you will be ready to create your first blog!
When you have brought an account, it is time to start learning how to start a blog.
Stepwise Discussion on how to start a blog
After getting your blog hosting account, you are ready to learn that how to start a blog. You should go ahead and log into your account. Click on "My Account" at the top left corner. This will take you to your dashboard, where you can see all your websites and domains. Here you will find the blog name that you have brought. Now the steps to set the blog are mentioned below.
- You will need to add value to your blogs by finding an excellent topic to write about in the very first step of how to start a blog. If you do not know how to choose a topic for your blog, I would highly recommend that you read the instructions on the hosting blog site you chose. If you have no idea what topic to choose, then choose something that you are passionate about.
- The next step in this quick start step on how to start a blog is to install the blogging quick start step by clicking on the link "Step-By-Step Installation Instructions" located at the bottom of this article. Once your installation is complete, you will access the dashboard and start adding the blogging plugins. Those who do not know what the WordPress blogging plugins are are simply programs created to make life easier for bloggers. Some examples of these WordPress plugins are the All in One SEO Pack, WordPress Thread Comment plugin, and the Contact Form creator.
- The next step on how to start a blog is to pick a simple theme to make your blog your own and customize it the way you see fit. When you select a theme, you will have a lot of flexibility in customizing it. If you cannot come up with a theme that suits your personality or blog, you may want to look into purchasing a pre-made theme from a reputable theme store.
- The fifth and final step on how to start a blog is to add two key blogging plugins to find your readers and track stats.
This is how you start a Blog if you want to become a blogger. Follow these steps to get your blog today.