As a society, we’ve mostly moved past cringey pickup lines, but some of them just won’t fade away. So many Christian pickup lines make great jokes, but terrible ways to jumpstart relationships. If you’re thinking about using a line on your crush in the church lobby, good luck.
Or maybe you’re trying to start a conversation with someone on a dating app. You only get one chance for an introduction. But if you want to make a good impression, we’d suggest avoiding the following cheesy, cringey, no-good lines.
Here are some that we are begging you not to use:
1. “Hey girl, I’ve got the gift of prophecy and I can see you in my future.”
Not quite how God intended the gift of prophecy to be used. If someone says this to you, RUN.
2. “You must be made out of water, because Jesus turned you into fine.”
This one gets two thumbs DOWN!
3. “Hey girl, is your name Faith? Because you’re evidence of things that I’ve hoped for.”
Not the worst one, but if you know they’re name already it doesn’t land well.
4. “So what do redeemed and justified men in Christ like to do on the weekends?”
This gets a half point because it’s kind of funny, but come on ladies. Let’s do better!
5. “Your middle name must be Grace because baby you’re amazing!”
The only reaction you’d get from this is a massive eye roll.
6. “Is it hot in here or is that just the Holy Spirit burning inside of you?”
Not the worst, but using a Nelly reference is just not the way to go.
7. “So I know you’ve accepted Jesus into your heart, but is there still room in there for me?”
The only correct response: “No. There’s not.”
8. “I’ve been struggling with loneliness. Would you mind meeting me to pray about it?”
Using prayer to get a date has to be some form of a sin, right?
9. “Hey, I’m Will. God’s Will for you.”
This only works if your name is Will, but even then, it still doesn’t really work.
10. “So I was looking in the Book of Numbers and realized I don’t have yours.”