This week, the Supreme Court ruled that President Trump’s “travel ban” from seven predominately Muslim countries can stand.
His policy comes after several promises as a candidate to ban all Muslims from coming to the U.S.
He’s previously said, “Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country’s representatives can figure out what the h*** is going on.” When he signed the first travel ban titled “Protecting the Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into the United States,” he said, “We all know what that means.”
This week, a tweet sent by now-Vice President Mike Pence after Trump’s call to ban Muslims back in 2015 has started to go viral. In it, he says, “Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.”
Calls to ban Muslims from entering the U.S. are offensive and unconstitutional.
— Governor Mike Pence (@GovPenceIN) December 8, 2015
How times have changed.